INDIVIDUAL HEALTH INSURANCE
In the national debate regarding health care reform, one thing is agreed on all sides – every American needs solid health care coverage. Most workers can get lower premiums for health insurance by participating in an employer’s Maryland, DC or Virginia group health insurance plan, as opposed to purchasing coverage on the private market. However, in cases such as job loss, self-employment or employment that doesn’t offer health coverage, obtaining group coverage may not be an option. And the expense of individual health coverage can be quite a shock.
Choosing the Right Private Health Insurance in Virginia, DC & Maryland
Don’t be tempted to go without health insurance simply because you think you can’t afford it, or the process of buying your own coverage appears intimidating. Tomorrow you could suffer an injury that results in insurmountable medical bills and bankruptcy if you are uninsured. Financial Brokerage Services takes the fear and confusion out of finding an individual plan by asking and explaining questions such as these:
- Who will be covered under the plan?
- What are your/your family’s current health care needs? Are there any preexisting conditions?
- What type of health insurance plan do you prefer: a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), a preferred Provider Organization (PPO), a Point-of-Service Plan (POS) or a High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)?
- Do you require short-term or long-term health coverage?
- Do you prefer certain doctors or specialists?
- Do you need maternity benefits?
- What is the highest deductible you are comfortable with?
- Do you want additional dental and vision coverage, or coverage for prescription drugs?
The Best Combination of Features at a Price You Can Afford
It’s worth the time to shop around and choose the plan that provides the best combination of features you need, at a price you can afford. At Financial Brokerage Services, we request quotes from several insurance carriers, because price and coverage can vary significantly – as much as 50 percent – between companies. You can be confident you’ll be getting the maximum value for your investment.
Call For a Competitive Quote on Your Individual Health Insurance Needs
To learn about our wide selection of quality individual health, dental and vision plans, call Financial Brokerage Services today at (301) 320-2000. For almost 30 years, we’ve been delivering affordable, high-quality health insurance Maryland and Virginia residents count on.