BUSINESS OWNER SUCCESSION PLANNING
As a business owner or a partner in a business, you face unique challenges and planning needs. After years or even decades spent nurturing its growth, the prospect of “letting go” of your business can seem daunting. Additionally, it may be uncomfortable to discuss the possibility of divorce, disability and death, all major events that can put your business, your partners and your family at risk.
By utilizing the services of a trusted financial advisor, DC, Maryland and Virginia business owners can make succession planning an important part of a comprehensive retirement and estate plan. Whatever situation arises in the future, implementing a business owner succession plan now will help any transition go smoothly and ensure it is conducted in accordance with your wishes.
Take Action to Protect the Future of Yourself & Your Business
Without an appropriate succession plan, your business may ultimately face liquidation. The experts at Financial Brokerage Services can help you:
- Identify personal goals for retirement and the future of your business.
- Introduce you to business valuation experts who can objectively determine how much your business is worth.
- Identify the needs and value of other stakeholders, including partners, family members and key employees.
- Determine goals for business succession, including what should happen if you retire, become disabled or die.
- Introduce you to attorneys who can draw up legally binding financial and estate planning documents.
- Establish a timeline for implementing the succession plan.
- Monitor tax implications.
- Implement funding for the plan.
The Financial Advisor DC Business Owners Trust for Succession Planning
If you’re among the estimated 80-90% of business owners who lack a plan for the future of their business, don’t delay. Protect your future and the future of those you love with business owner succession planning. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with a financial advisor Maryland, please contact Financial Brokerage Services at (301) 320-2000.